- Nearby Odlin and Shaw Island County Parks offer sandy beaches and somewhat warmer water.
- There are several camping options along the Channel. These include the two County Parks and uninhabited Turn Island State Park.
- Protected Fisherman Bay offers a calm port to drop your anchor along the Channel. Be sure to visit nearby Lopez Village for great food, quiet charm, and many public events.
What can I see and do in Upright Channel?
Upright Channel is a convenient central waterway from which you can reach several islands, parks, or head back towards the mainland.
- Odlin and Shaw County Parks are both along Upright Channel. The unique tidal currents here mean both have sandy beaches and water that gets a little warmer in the summer.
- Turn Island State Park offers camping and the experience of a totally uninhabited island. You can access this Park easily from Upright Channel heading west towards San Juan Island.
- If you head southeast along the Channel you will arrive in protected Fisherman Bay and can visit nearby Lopez Village.
Where is upright Channel?
Upright Channel runs between Lopez and Shaw Island. Good places to cast off into the Channel exist on both Shaw and Lopez. If you are in a kayak watch for ferries and larger craft in this busy area.