- The best view of the fantastic Lopez Island Fourth of July Fireworks is from Fisherman Bay.
- Explore Fisherman Bay Spit Preserve stroll along the trails and lovely beach.
- Escape stormy weather in this sheltered port, which has plenty of services for boaters.
What can I see and do at Fisherman Bay?
This sheltered Bay has only one entrance from the outside water, through a narrow channel at the north end of the bay towards Lopez Village. During the summer the marinas and waterfront restaurants along the bay welcome a steady flow of boat traffic.
- Stroll along the paths and beach at Fisherman Bay Spit Preserve, the ruins of an old farmstead still produces wonderful apples from a few old trees.
- Dock at the Islander Resort or the Galley Restaurant for good food and local flavor.
- Lopez Village is just a short distance from many of the small piers.
- The famous Lopez Fourth of July Fireworks launch from the peninsula that protects the bay, this means the best views are from the water.
Where is Fisherman Bay?
The Bay is on the west side of Lopez Island and abuts Lopez Village. From the Ferry Landing head south on Ferry Road and then take a right on Fisherman Bay Road which will lead you right there. If you’re arriving via the water be aware that the current can be quite strong at the entrance to the Bay.