- Enjoy the fantastic boating available to you in the Salish Sea. From park islands to elegant resorts the Sea has so much to offer on the water and on land.
- Kids love playing on the beaches and discovering the interesting sea creatures big and small.
- The Salish Sea allows you to access huge lengths of coastline without ever leaving it’s protected waters.
- See the majestic and powerful orca whales up close in their native environment.
What can I see and do in the Salish Sea?
The Salish Sea insulates the San Juans from severe weather changes. The Sea also provides world-class outdoor adventures including boating, fishing and a gorgeous backdrop for hiking or relaxation.
- Motor, sail, or paddle between the many islands big and small that fill this marine paradise.
- Head to the beach with your kids and explore tide pools filled with sea creatures and colorful marine plants.
- Relax on one of the many beaches that line the Salish Sea. Whether you are looking for a popular sandy beach or a secluded shore you can find it in the San Juans.
- Travel extensively along the coast of Washington without ever braving the rough Pacific.
- Voyage in a rented or chartered boat to waterfront parks, resort marinas, and into the heart of small island communities for a luxurious and flexible adventure.
Where is the Salish Sea?
The Salish Sea is the protected body of water that surrounds the San Juan Islands. It extends north into Canada and south to Puget Sound. It can be accessed from several ports along the mainland including Anacortes and Bellingham. You can also ride a ferry, plane or boat into the San Juans and explore the Sea from there.