- Cruise along the tree lined shore of this protected waterway.
- Visit several charming Orcas Island destinations along East Sound’s shore.
- Rosario Resort is a great port for visiting Moran State Park.
What can I see and do in East Sound?
This beautiful and protected waterway is a great place for boating of all kinds. You can also dock at several points in order to access all the great hiking, lodging, restaurants and other activities available on the land along East Sound.
- Sail, motor or paddle in to Olga, Rosario or Eastsound Village. Each offers great activities as you move deeper into the bay.
- The rocky and tree lined shore is a lovely backdrop for an evening cruise. The surrounding land helps block the wind.
- Just outside the confines of East Sound are several marinas and smaller islands.
- Dock at Rosario Resort and have lunch before exploring nearby Moran State Park.
Where is East Sound?
East Sound runs approximately north to south into the middle of Orcas Island. At its mouth are Blakely and Obstruction Island. From the land Rosario Resort, Olga and Eastsound Village are the best ways to access East Sound.