- This protected Bay is popular with boaters.
- Nearby Friday Harbor is the biggest town on San Juan Island.
- Visit one of the lovely public beaches along the Bay.
What can I see and do in Griffin Bay?
The open but protected waters of Griffin Bay are great for boating. The local youth sailing club often practices here. Small Dinner Island is a private island within the bay, and there are plenty of other points of interest to check out.
- Dock at Jackson Beach for a picnic or a game of volleyball. There is also a small boat launch here.
- Paddle your kayak between Fourth of July Beach and Jackson Beach for a relatively easy trip.
- Watch the sunrise over Lopez Island, which is just east of the Bay.
Where is Griffin Bay?
Griffin Bay is a large bay along the east side of San Juan Island between Pear Point and Cattle Point. Public beaches like Fourth of July Beach and Jackson Beach are both along Griffin Bay.