Why should I visit Lopez Village?
If you are looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the mainland but still want a tasty latte, this is the town for you. Without any real sidewalks but several great restaurants the village is a fun mix of rural and swanky. Besides the fantastic Farmers Market during the summer, this is not a shopping destination.
Where is Lopez Village, WA?
Lopez Village is located at the mouth of Fisherman’s Bay. The Bay offers many good docking and anchoring options. From the Ferry Landing, head inland on Ferry Road which will turn into Fisherman Bay Road, keep on this road and then take a right on either Village Road or Lopez Road.
What sort of Services and Amenities does Lopez Village offer?
Lopez Village has a good mix of services and amenities, but just one or two of each kind.
- Grocery store, with a gas pump
- Post office
- Small medical clinic
- Vacation rentals
- Real estate office
- Thrift store
- A few Restaurants
- A B&B
What can I do or see in Lopez Village?
- The Lopez Community Center has great events throughout the year, so be sure to check out what is happening during your visit.
- The Farmers Market is another vibrant event every Saturday throughout the summer.
- The few eateries survive in this small town because they are so good.
- The Lopez Island Library is in a cozily remodeled schoolhouse and a lovely place to spend a rainy afternoon.
- The art galleries show the work of lots of local artists, and the Lopez community is very artistic.