Why should I visit Eastsound, WA?
Eastsound is the commercial center for Orcas Island but retains its peaceful and inviting atmosphere. Many fabulous chefs have been drawn to this Island for its beauty, which means there is a high density of great restaurants for such a small town. The shops spread across this level streets are equally eclectic and make for great browsing and shopping.
Where is Eastsound?
From the Orcas Island Ferry Landing head north and East on Orcas Road, which will lead you right into town.
What sort of Services and Amenities does Eastsound offer?
- Eastsound has several lodging options, including hotels, B&B’s and vacation rentals.
- For kids the Funhouse is a must. It offers kids activities and interactive exhibits.
- In case you’ve forgotten a good book for your vacation the Orcas Island Library is also in Eastsound.
- There are several medical clinics. They include alternative medicine practitioners, and the main Orcas Medical Center.
- After some shopping relax with a massage at one of the several massage centers right in town.
What can I do or see in Eastsound?
Set right on Fishing Bay Eastsound has a lovely public beach right in town. Every Saturday during the summer the Orcas Island Farmer’s Market is held on the village green. This is a great place to find fantastic Island products, from veggies to fine art. After exploring the shops, restaurants, and museums you can arrange a kayak, whale watching, or sailing tour right here in town.