- Paddle on the calm, clear water of the Lake surrounded by beautiful forest.
- The lakeside playground, lawn and sandy swimming area make this a great place for kids.
- The relatively warm water of the Lake makes this a popular swimming spot during hot summer days.
- Miles of hiking trails start near the Lake, so park here and come back for a swim after a long and beautiful hike.
What can I see and do at Cascade Lake?
The Lake is a popular place to swim, paddle and play around. There are also lots of nearby hikes.
- Wind your way through the beautiful evergreen forests and visit other smaller lakes.
- You can also hike or drive to the stunning view from the top of Mt. Constitution.
- The Lake water is clear with some color from the surrounding forests, but it is very clean. The water doesn’t get super warm in the summer but is certainly warmer than the salt water around the Island.
- Small boats can be rented from the Park.
- There is an established swimming area, which is great for kids.
Where is Cascade Lake?
Cascade Lake is near the entrance to Moran State Park on Orcas Island. From Eastsound head out of town on Olga Road and you will end up right next to the Lake.
When is Cascade Lake Open?
The Park is open all year long for daytime use. The campground is open seasonally and is right across the street from the Lake. There are even some lakeside campsites.
How much does Cascades Lake cost?
Like almost all Washington State Parks Moran now requires as Discover Pass. The Pass can be bought for individual use at $10.00 or you can get an annual Pass for $30.00.
Who can I call if I have more questions?
The Park Rangers can answer any questions you have. (360) 376-2326.