- Stroll along this long and easily accessible beach
- Launch or dock your small boat here for a lovely picnic spot near town.
- Use the volleyball court or just play Frisbee on this large open beach.
- A quick walk or drive from downtown Friday Harbor.
What can I see and do at Jackson Beach?
Jackson Beach is the closest large beach to Friday Harbor. Just down the hill from the fairgrounds it’s a good place to cool off in the heat of summer.
- With the lagoon, pebble and sand beach and rocky points this beach has many marine ecosystems supporting interesting wildlife.
- This easterly facing beach is the perfect spot to watch the sunrise during an early morning stroll.
- Play a game of volleyball in the casual sand court.
- Launch your boat here or use the small dock to tie up. This is where the local sailing team often launches from.
- Skip rocks and sit on conveniently placed driftwood, this is an easily accessible beach.
Where is Jackson Beach?
From downtown Friday Harbor head south on Argyle, after you pass the fairgrounds take a left on Pear Point Road the beach will be on your left. If you continue on Pear Point Road it will take you in a loop back to Friday Harbor.
When is Jackson Beach open?
Jackson Beach is open all year for daytime use. During the long evenings of summer this is a great place to lounge or play after dinner in nearby Friday Harbor.
Who can I call if I have more questions?
If you have any questions the friendly park staff at San Juan County Parks will help you. 360-378-8420.