- This protected sandy cove is a great place for kids.
- Play Frisbee or skim board on this gently sloping beach.
- Located right near the hikes of American Camp this would be a great spot for a swim after a long hike.
- A relatively easy kayak launching area for the rocky shoreline along the Strait of Juan de Fuca.
What can I see and do at Eagle Cove?
- Dig your toes into the sand at one of the few sandy beaches on San Juan Island.
- Kids love exploring the tidal pools at either end of the beach when the tide is low.
- Watch the skim boarders do tricks or try some yourself
- Launch your kayak here, minimal waves make it easier but be aware that the bay opens onto the Strait of Juan de Fuca. The trail can be slick in wet weather.
- Take a refreshing dip in this protected crystal clear bay, safe for the kiddos too.
Where is Eagle Cove?
Eagle cove is at the southwest end of San Juan Island, along the same shore as American Camp, South Beach and Cattle Point Lighthouse. From downtown Friday Harbor head out on Cattle Point Road then take a right at Eagle Cove Drive. The parking area will be on your right once the road turns to run along the shore.
When is Eagle Cove open?
This day-use park is open all year long. Its busiest time is hot days during the summer, but it never gets crowded in the same way as mainland beaches.
Who can I call if I have more questions?
If you have any questions the helpful park staff at San Juan County Parks will help you. 360-378-8420.