- Located at the southern tip of San Juan Island this area has stunning views and pristine beaches.
- Picnic or walk along the open grassy bluffs
- Explore the amazing marine ecosystem in the nearby tide pools
- Discover the rich history surrounding this part of the Island.
What can I see and do at Cattle Point Beach?
- Enjoy a picnic at one of the scenic picnic tables or along the grassy bluff looking south with views of the Olympic Mountains
- Explore the history of the Cattle Point Lighthouse.
- The rocky beaches and points are a great place to explore the unique tidal ecosystem during low tide.
- Take a longer walk from here along the ridge of Mt. Finlayson or along the beach all the way to American Camp.
Where is Cattle Point Beach?
From downtown Friday Harbor head south out of town on Cattle Point Road which will lead you to within sight of the Lighthouse and picnic area.
When is Cattle Point Beach open?
This beach is open for day-use all year long. During the winter it can be an exciting spot to watch storms bringing in huge waves along the Strait of Juan de Fuca.
Who can I call if I have more questions?
If you have any questions the helpful park staff at San Juan County Parks will help you. 360-378-8420.