Where can I find nearby farmer’s markets?
Farmer’s markets take place every Saturday on Lopez, Orcas, and San Juan Island. They are all located near the centers of these small island towns.
Lopez Island Farmer’s Market
The farmer’s market on Lopez is spread across a charming lawn in the middle of Lopez Village. This Market is a big weekly event for this small community. You will find everything from locally grown produce of all sorts, to fresh baked bread and a stand selling crepes.
- Location: The Market is on Village Road, which stems from Lopez Road or Fisherman Bay Road depending on which way you are coming in to town. Don’t hesitate to ask for directions, that’s where everyone in town will be headed on Saturday morning.
- Season: The Farmer’s Market is open every Saturday, 10:00am-2:00pm, from May through September.
- Services: The Market offers everything from chair massages to pickled garlic most Saturdays, but the vendors change periodically, which makes it all the more interesting.
Orcas Island Farmer’s Market
The lovely Village Green in the heart of Eastsound is where this Market is held every Saturday during the summer. This is the perfect place to peruse local crafts and pick up fresh vegetables and meat for a gourmet meal.
- Location: The Orcas Island Farmer’s Market is on North Beach Road, go inland from Main Street when you see North Beach Road and it will be on your left. You can also just follow people and the music if you are there on a Saturday morning.
- Season: The Farmer’s Market is open every Saturday, 10:00am-3:00pm, from May through September.
- Services: The Market offers an eclectic mix of goods and services. You can find everything from Barbeque to hand stitched clothing and every fruit and vegetable the climate will allow.
San Juan Island Farmer’s Market
This growing Friday Harbor Farmer’s Market just moved to new indoor/outdoor digs which will hopefully allow it to run all year long in the future. The community is very excited about this quickly expanding local enterprise, come check it out and share the excitement.
- Location: Just two blocks inland from the Ferry Landing, this great new location is in the very center of downtown Friday Harbor. The renovated Brickworks building is at 150 Nichols street, head up Spring Street from the Ferry Landing and take a left on Argyle, and another immediate left on Nichols, and it will be on your left.
- Season: The Farmer’s Market is open every Saturday, 10:00am-1:00pm, from May through October.
- Services: This market is dedicated to becoming the center for all locally produced food, but you can also find great arts and crafts. One special service here is a vegetable valet. You can shop for heavy veggies and then bring the car around to pick them up.