Where can I go Swimming?
There are public swimming pools on the three largest islands, and the crystal clear sea is all around you. Orcas and San Juan both have some nice lakes that are good for swimming. Sandy beaches on San Juan and Lopez are popular swimming destinations for kids. Just be aware that the Salish Sea doesn’t get much above 50 degrees even in the summer, so you don’t want to swim where you can’t easily get out.
San Juan Island Fitness
This large pool attached to the downtown fitness club offers various classes, lap swimming and kids time. It is indoors, heated, and open year round.
- Location: On Argyle to the south of Spring Street in downtown Friday Harbor.
- Phone: 360-378-4449
This resort pool is deep and open air with a hot tub and shower facilities in the same building. The pool is circled with lounge chairs and overlooks Fisherman Bay.
- Location: on Fisherman Bay Road south of Lopez Village.
- Phone: 360-468-2233
Orcas Spa and Athletics
This large heated lap pool is a good option for indoor swimming on Orcas Island. It is open year round.
- Location: Off of North Beach Road near the Village Green in downtown Eastsound.
- Phone: 888-894-8881
The sandy beach at Odlin Park is a favorite with kids. The low sloping beach and sandbars make the water just a little warmer during long summer days. There are picnic facilities and sports fields here as well.
- Location: Odlin Park is just a mile south from the Lopez Island Ferry Landing.
- Phone: 360-378-8420
This clear beautiful Lake is in the middle of Moran State Park. During the summer there is a roped off swimming area set up along the sandy shore. The Lake water gets relatively warm in the summer, which makes this a popular swimming spot.
- Location: From Eastsound head out of town on Olga Road which will lead you right into the Park
- Phone: 360-376-2326
This family friendly resort is on a small Lake in the middle of San Juan Island. There are cabins and a lodge clustered around the Lake, which is popular for swimming and fishing.
- Location: The Resort is off of Roche Harbor Road several miles northwest of Friday Harbor.
- Phone: 800-617-2267