Where can I find nearby town parks?
All of the Ferry Landings have some kind of waiting area, Lopez and Orcas have larger wooded areas that can be explored or used for lounging. Eastsound, Friday Harbor and Lopez Village all have public parks that are easy to find.
Friday Harbor town parks
This bustling town has several small parks, including the Port of Friday Harbor Park. This small green space with picnic tables often has live music. Also in downtown Friday Harbor you will find Sunken Park. This delightful urban Park has basketball courts and a grassy lawn.
- Location: The Port of Friday Harbor Park is right along the shore to the north of the Ferry Landing. Sunken Park is just uphill from the Ferry Landing.
- Services: Both these parks have restrooms, picnic tables, and lawns.
Lopez Village town parks
The large open area around the Community Center where the Farmers Market and other events take place is a great area for kids. There is also Lopez Village Park, which is a great place for a picnic.
- Location: The Community Center and adjacent public space is along the northeast part of town. The Village Park is near the southwest edge of town.
- Services: The Village Park has restrooms and picnic tables. The area around the community center has a skate park, tons of space, and tree shaded lawn.
Eastsound town parks
The Village Green is where many community events, including the Farmers Market, are held. The large grassy lawn is great for a picnic or a game of Frisbee. Eastsound Waterfront County Park has a beach and a picnic area.
- Location: The Village Green is right in the center of town off of North Beach Road. The Waterfront Park is at the corner of Main Street and Orcas Road.
- Services: The Village Green has a large open lawn as well as a stage that can be rented for private events. Waterfront Park has picnic tables and beach access.