Savor the San Juans is the ultimate month long celebration of local cuisine, art and culture. Great deals abound for fixed price meals, lodging and art, all of the highest quality.
Organization: San Juan Islands Visitors Bureau
Dates: 10/1/2012 - 10/31/2012 update info
Time: 1:00:00 PM - 1:00:00 PM
Event Cost: varies
Venue: around San Juan Islands in San Juan Island,WA
Contact: San Juan Islands Chamber
October is one of our favorite months in the San Juan Islands. Savor the San Juans - A Medley of Food, Art & Culture will take place October 1-31. Come and savor our many celebrations of food, art and culture, including:
- A Culinary Celebrations
- Art Stock - Fall Festival of Arts
- Islands Fall Farm Festival
- Fall Harvest Parade
- Lopez Vineyards Harvest Festival
- Farmers Markets
- Dinner Feasts
- and much much more!
See details at http://www.visitsanjuans.com/savor/
When is Savor the San Juans?
Savor the San Juans stretches across the entire month of October. Different restaurants, artists and farms offer events every week.
- Spend an evening learning to cook with fall produce
- Wander the island on a Saturday visiting local artist studios
- Enjoy a leisurely three course dinner paired with local wine
Where is Savor the San Juans?
Orcas, Lopez and San Juan Islands all get quite enthusiastic about Savor the San Juans. You will find plenty of happenings on every island.
- Downtown Friday harbor has many participating restaurants.
- San Juan Island lodging spots offer plenty exciting specials.
- Lopez artists and restaurants have lots of tasty ideas.
- Orcas Island resorts have tons of special for Savor the San Juans.
How much does Savor the San Juans cost?
The prices vary from business to business but everyone is getting into the spirit of great deals and amazing experiences.
- The fantastic and extensive self-guided art tours are free.
- Check out lodging and dinning packages
- Locally sourced and delicious three course meals for $30-35.00
What else should I know about Savor the San Juans?
By this time of the year the islands have calmed down from the crowds of summer. The weather is often still quite lovely and you can have much of the islands to yourself. Savor the San Juans is in recognition of this more subtle yet glorious time.