San Juan County Fair
The San Juan County Fair has an authentic small town feel. The livestock, giant produce and gravity defying rides are all there, but with an island twist towards art and sustainability.
Organization: San Juan County Fair
Date: 08/12/2015 update info
Time: 1:00:00 PM - 1:00:00 PM
Event Cost: varies
Venue: San Juan County Fairgrounds in San Juan Island ,WA
Contact: San Juan County Fair
The Fair is a sweet, small town county fair with the feeling of an arts festival. For more than one hundred years this community has been coming together to celebrate island life. There is plenty of fun for whole family at this great 4-day event. See you at the Fair!
The San Juan County Fairgrounds is a community gathering place for 4H, events, festivals, recreational activities, agricultural shows, competitions and the annual San Juan County Fair.
When is the San Juan County Fair?
The fair is held every year towards the end of summer. This allows exhibitors enough time to grown their truly amazing vegetables, and means you get to sample some fantastic fruit pies.
- Luckily the heat is still mild even in mid summer.
- If you get too warm there is a beach nearby for a quick dip.
- The Fair lasts nearly a whole week which is barely enough time!
Where is the San Juan County Fair?
The San Juan County Fairgrounds are located just south of downtown Friday Harbor. Leaving the ferry head up Spring Street and then take a left on Argyle, the park is less then a mile up on the left. Up just a little farther on the left is Pear Point Road, this leads to lovely Jackson Beach if you need a break from the excitement of the fair.
How much does the San Juan County Fair cost?
For adults you can either buy a day pass or a season pass for slightly less then two day passes. The same deal applies to kids and is just slightly less.
- Kids under 5 are free.
- Kid passes are for 5-16 year olds.
- You can also buy tickets for rides while you’re getting your fair pass.
- Exhibits and entertainment are all included in admission.
What else should I know about the San Juan County Fair?
The Fair has been going on at its current location since the 1920’s. The Fair brings people from all the islands, big and small, together in friendly competition.
- Experience your first recycled trash based fashion show.
- Get some exercise with an 8K fun run that ends at the Fair,
- See the fabulous concerts, including marimba and bluegrass.
- Tour De Lopez
- Doe Bay Festival
- San Juan County Fair
- Orcas Chamber Music Festival
- Islands Fall Farm Festival
- Friday Harbor Music on the Lawn
- Friday Harbor Music at the Port
- San Juan Lavender Festival
- Lopez Winter Village Gathering
- Orcas Historical Day
- Savor the San Juans
- Friday Harbor Spring Splash
- San Juan Summer Arts Fair
- Fourth of July Celebrations
Sign Up for Specials & Travel Updates
Your email is safe with us.